Promoting your Ethical Brands on Good On You
Information for Online Retailers
The Good On You app provides promotional opportunities for online retailers who stock fashion brands that have been rated ‘Good’ or ‘Great’ by Good On You.
Our mission is to help shoppers make consumer choices that are better for people, the planet and animals. Providing exposure to brands that do better than others is a key part of how we create positive social impact.
For you, as a retailer of more ethical brands, our goal is to increase the number of people who are aware of your brand, visit your site and choose your products in preference to less ethical alternatives.
For Good On You app users, our goal is to make is as easy as possible to find and purchase the products that align with their values.
- increased traffic to your web site
- increased newsletter sign ups
- increased sales
- increased awareness of your store and the ethical brands you sell
Promotional options for online retailers
- Promote a special offer or discount on the Good On You app.
- Promote your store on a pay per click basis.
- Promote your store through the news feed in the Good On You app + Good On You blog + social media.
Discount Offers – how they work
- Determine the offer you wish to list – eg 25% off Brand X– and provide all the required details including a discount code.
- You can list one or more brands separately (encouraged) or just list your store.
- Choose a payment model:
- pay per sale
- pay per click
- Users will see your offer on relevant brand pages, on your retailer page and the overall app offers page.
- At the end of the campaign you report results, and we invoice you for the agreed fee.
As a promoted retailer, your online store will be listed on the brand page as the first retailer for the brand. Your website is thus more likely to be the first port of call for users shopping for these brands.
On the brand page, any discount information will be shown next to your store name to encourage the user to click through to your store page. Your store page will detail all of the brands that you stock, and all offers.
Promotions without discount offer – how they work
You can also use paid links to promote your store without an offer.
- Promote your store by being listed as the first retailer of a particular brand.
- Add promotional copy to your retailer page inside the app.
- Users will see your store details on brand pages, and your store details and promotional copy on the retailer page.
- At the end of the campaign we report results and invoice you for the agreed fee.
How app users access your store
Brand Page: The brand is Etiko and the first listed retailer is Etiko, who are running a discount offer, which is shown next to their store name. This gives users further incentive to click through to Etiko’s retailer page from the brand page.
Retailer Page: includes click through to Etiko’s website, information about the discount offer they are running with Good on You, and a list of the ethical brands that they sell.
Offers Page: the offers page is immediately accessible to users via the permanent tab at the bottom of the app screen. Users often check this tab first when using the app to see what offers Good on You are running. Users are taken straight to the retailer’s website when they click on their offer.
Blog and Social Media Package
We want our followers to know about the discounts we offer on their favourite brands, and where they can buy them! We promote your store through:
- A feature article in The Good Edit, Good on You’s Blog
- A feature article on the Good On You app newsfeed
- Our regular emails
Please get in touch to discuss how we can help. Packages start at $100. You can combine a Blog/Social Media package with a discount offer or PPC campaign for best results.
Offers listed on app
- % of net sales using the agreed Coupon Code (excluding GST and shipping), (approved purchasers only), or
- Pay per click through to your site at agreed rate
Pay Per Click
- $80 set up fee, includes news feed article about your store and first 100 clicks.
- Agree rate per click.
Blog and Social Media packages
- Prices start at $100.
- Prices include $50 credit toward a PPC or Discount Offer promotion run at the same time.
An invoice is sent monthly or at the end of the advertising period, setting out the charges incurred. Your credit card (or advance payment) is debited one week after the invoice is sent.
Retailers can specify a maximum cost per week.
Approved purchasers will report total net sales per month.
Good on You will provide advertisers with a monthly report detailing:
- Clicks from offer page to your site.
- Clicks from brand pages to your retailer page in the app.
- Blog, social media and news feed reach and clicks as relevant.
- Positive and negative actions taken by users in relation to the brand you are promoting (ie using the Your Voice feature of the app).
What You Will Need to Provide
For your Retailer Page on the Good On You App (if this is your first campaign with us)
- A short store description or tag line: maximum 60 characters. This will also appear on the offer page
- Store logo – square format, 900 pixels by 900 pixels
- Horizontal retailer page header image in dimensions 3:1
For each offer
- Offer page image – square format, 900 pixels by 900 pixels
- A URL to the desired page on your website
- Offer description including the offer – eg 20% discount, $50 off etc – and discount code (unless PPC)
- Offer start and finish dates; expiry date within 2-5 weeks of the start date are recommended (these are not shown in the app other than offer expiry date is shown in the last 3-4 days).
- Contact details.
- A list of the ethical clothing, footwear and accessories brands that you stock. If we do not already have these rated on our app we will need to do so, this can take up to two weeks. Brands can be submitted for rating here.
Click here to upload this information and begin your promotional campaign with Good on You!